Friday, January 18, 2013

Off Topic: I LOVE my Neti Pot!

Please forgive my indulging in an off topic post for a minute.
I had recently subscribed to one of those daily freebie sites, and lucked into a free Neti Pot from Neilmed on Facebook.
I often get sinus pressure and sinus headaches, and I had been looking into better ways to deal with it, because OTC sinus medications and Tylonal just really didn't do much to help.
Using the Neti Pot for the first couple of times was awkward. Saline running into your throat while your trying to breathe is an odd, and gross, feeling. I soon got the hang of it, though, and was rinsing my sinus cavities like a pro. I had terrible pressure and a sinus headache that has lasted for 4 days when I first used the Neti Pot. It was like a miracle sent from heaven! Pressure and headache instantly gone! I was in love.
I have had the flu for the last week or so, finally feeling much better today. At the first sign of respiratory symptoms, I started using the Neti pot 3 times a day. I have been on immune suppressants for years for treatment of autoimmune disorders, and usually respiratory symptoms hang around and start evolve into ear infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia. Not this time! I kept up rinsing my sinuses 3 times a day for 2 days, and by the 3rd day, my stuffy nose and cough were almost completely gone! I still had other flu symptoms like a fever and achyness, but they were much more tolerable with out struggling for air!

No comments:

Post a Comment